- Regular Full-Time
We are seeking a Data Engineer with an excellent technical understanding focused on building and maintaining back end data solutions, utilizing AWS technologies, to support programmatic advertising and analytics initiatives. As part of the Data Engineering team, you’ll help build the platform to enable data-driven decisions and products that scale along with our business. Here's what we're looking for:
- Knows and loves the startup world - quick thinking and acting with minimal/no supervision
- Able to build enterprise grade architectures off of minimal and changing requirements
- Self driven, independent, creative and eager to learn new skills
- Aren't happy with good, and build to great
- Excellent and proven knowledge of Postgres on Amazon RDS
- Excellent and proven knowledge of Amazon Redshift
- Excellent and proven knowledge of SQL
- EXPLAIN ANALYZE is one of your most used SQL commands
- Good knowledge of streaming data solutions such as Kinesis, Kinesis Analytics, Kafka, etc.
- Good knowledge of the following technologies is a bonus:
- Shell scripting
- Proficiency in Git, JIRA and Teamcity are a plus
- 4+ years in a production environment a plus
- Database administration, tuning, management and security.
- Providing technical support for all database environments.
- Design, build and maintain resilient data pipelines from a variety of data sources
- Development and organization of all databases.
- Assessment and implementation of new technologies for the database layer.
- Collaborate with data science and stakeholders across the organization to raise the bar for data best practices and management
- Providing long-term perspective on the relationship of the selected database technology to business opportunities.
- Set up, configure maintain and enhance proper infrastructure to support a large scale data analytics environment.
- Take a pragmatic approach to development through understanding and making well-reasoned technical decisions and tradeoffs.
- Participate in pairing sessions, code reviews, and take initiative on research projects/requirements.
- Think and work agile, including automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Data Architect
- Postgres/RDS and Redshift Engineer
- Analytics Engineer
- Backend Data Engineer
- Data Warehouse Engineer
- ETL Engineer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.